Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ham and Cheese Muffins

    Yes, I'm still working my way through my new cookbook.  If I were you, I'd look up "Mad about Muffins"  by Dot Vartan.  You won't regret it. 

    This week, I'll be making the following recipe.  I'll likely serve these muffins for breakfast, with a hard boiled egg or two and fresh fruit would really round the meal out.  OR one could serve these for lunch or dinner alongside a salad.

Ham and Cheese Muffins



1 egg
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 C sour cream (I will be using LIGHT sour cream--use whatever you prefer)
1 Tbsp. corn oil
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 1/3 C sifted all-purpose flour (again, SIFTED flour!?  Don't these people know how much I detest sifting?  Oh well....)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C diced cooked ham
1/2 C shredded Swiss cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg.  Add the sugar, sour cream, corn oil and mustard.  Mix well.  Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistured.  Gently stir in the hat and cheese.  Fill greased muffin tins (or use paper liners).  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are brown.

Makes 1 dozen muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment