Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cherry Yogurt Muffins

     As I work my way through my new muffin cookbook, I found THE. PERFECT. muffin for my husband.  Doug loves cherry pie, so I just know he will wolf these down.  Plus, I've not seen him turn down but one or two things I've ever cooked....it's sure to be a winner!



Cherry Yogurt Muffins

1/2 C softened butter
3/4 C granulated sugar
2 Large eggs
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking sodea
1 tsp. almond extract
2 C sifted all-purpose flour (dang! ~I hate sifting flour....oh well, hubby's worth it)
1 C plain yogurt (though I think I will use vanilla yogurt for added flavor)
1 (12 oz.) can cherry pie filling
1/2 C pecan halves

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, beat butter with a mixer until creamy.  Beat in sugar until the mixture is pale and fluffy.  Beat in the eggs, one at a time.  Mix in the baking powder, baking soda, and almond extract.  Fold in half of the flour with a spatula; then add the yogurt and the remaining flour.

Line muffin tins with paper baking cups or spray with cooking spray.  Spoon one heaping tablespoon of batter into each cup and smooth the batter to distribute it evenly.  Add one teaspoon of cheery pie filling to each cup.  Cover the filling with another heaping tablespoon of batter.  Break pecan halves and sprinkle on top of the batter. 

Bake 25 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned. 
Makes one dozen muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment