Sunday, February 5, 2012

Will you be mine? Valentine, that is.




     Valentine's Day is right around the corner, especially if you have youngsters of elementary school age.  I have no idea if teachers still allow sharing of Valentine's cards and treats but if they do,  perhaps this post will inspire you and your child(ren) to do something a little different this year. 

     Don't even buy those boxed Valentine cards.  Dare to be different AND spend some quality time with your children by getting out the construction paper and embellish store purchased candy with some cute word play!  I found a few of these in the Feb. issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine, and then I hit the lottery on Pinterest.  You can find the candy word plays that I posted and so many more here:  http://mudpiestudio.blogspot.com/2011/12/101-valentine-ideas-for-under-5.html

     Here are just a few I pulled from the above blog to spark your creativity ~  they are all age and gender neutral.  I've listed the candy first, to make it easier for you to prepare in advance. 


York Peppermint Patties......"We're just mint to be"
Sweet & sour straws, pixie sticks (whatever they're called)........"You're sweet"
Fresh Pear (yeah, I know.......maybe a better idea for your spouse than kid)...."We're quite the Pear!"
Starburst............"I'm bursting with Happiness that you're my friend"
Peanuts or other small pkg. nuts........"I'm nuts about you"
Reese's Pieces..........."I love you to pieces"
Pop rocks, Rock candy..............."You rock!" OR "Valentine, you're a rock star"
Tootsie Rolls........"You are sweet and fun, all rolled into one"
Oreos..."It's as plain as black & white, I'd love to be your Valentine"
Extra Gum...."Valentine, you're extra special to me"
Goldfish crackers..."You're a great catch" OR " will you  o fish ally be mine"?
Two of anything...."Valentine, we're two of a kind"
Gum....."I chews you as my Valentine"
Koolaid........."Valentine, you are kool"
Snickers............."You make me snicker"


Here are a couple more great ideas for Valentine greetings to HAND over to mom and/or dad. 



Happy Valentine's Day to all my readers!

 





  
     






2 comments: