Sunday, October 23, 2011

Potato Casserole


Wendy's Potato Casserole

     I had a request for gluten-free recipes this morning so I thought I'd post this as it was on my list to do at some point anyway.  I must give credit where credit is due, however.  My good friend Wendy Kidder-Frank shared this recipe with me many years ago, when we were neighbors & participated in a cooking co-op.  This quickly became one of my family's favorites & I do hope you all will enjoy it as well.
     This easy casserole would be wonderful to tote along to a potluck or a church get-together or simply to accompany a main dish when having company for dinner. 

5-6 medium baking potatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream (I use the light, and don't feel it changes the flavor in any way)
1 lb. cheddar cheese (NOW do you see WHY I use light sour cream? ...lol....this may be gluten-free, but it's NOT a dieter's dish!)
cornflakes cereal, crushed for topping

Boil potatoes until JUST soft, but crunchy.  Cool completely then shred the potatoes.  Mix cheese, sour cream and soup with potatoes.  Place in greased 9 x 13 x 2" baking dish and bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.  Top with crushed cornflakes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment