Saturday, September 3, 2011

Perfect Holiday Dessert

Hope everyone's enjoying their Holiday weekend.  It's HOT here in Indiana, but supposed to start cooling down some tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to getting back to walking some trails as Monday & Tuesday's weather should be down into the 70's....sounds lovely!
 
Hubby's outside mowing, but I'm inside dreaming of cooler things....like the perfect dessert for Labor Day (or July 4th, Memorial Day).  Seriously, once you taste it you'll realize it's fabulous ANY time.  And super, super easy.

Now, some tips in case you decide to make it:  if you don't like blueberries, for instance, just use an extra cup of  either the strawberries or the raspberries.  You may also switch up the jello base, using either strawberry OR raspberry, the latter being my personal favorite. 

Oh, and if you don't put Cool Whip (or the like) on it, then it's not "dessert" anymore, it qualifies as a serving of "Fruit" in my world.

Go look for it under All Things Sweet.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you two found each other!! You seem a perfect match! Doug was a wonderful friend to me...I bent his ear many times and he always gave me wonderful advice!! So I am thrilled that he found his soul mate!!
    I wish you many happy years together and just hope you will keep your fingers crossed that I will find the same happiness someday!!!
    Hugs to you both!!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Candy! I hope you'll consider joining my blog. Lots & lots of good recipes will be posted---I'm still working out the kinks on the site.

    ReplyDelete