Friday, July 5, 2013

No Bake Fruit Cheesecake Pots

     I hope everyone had a safe, fun-filled 4th of July!
 
     I was actually under the weather, so we stayed in and watched movies on the Lifetime channel instead of sitting outside with a roaring fire in the fire pit as we'd planned.  That's what happens when you get old.  Don't say I didn't warn you...

     Anyway, today is a new day and I am certain I'm coming down with *something*, so I'm trying to work but I only have visions of a nap in my head. 
  
     Here's a fun & easy dessert that you can switch up to suit your tastes.  If you aren't a fan of raspberries, as I am, than use strawberries or blueberries instead.  If you DO switch out the berries, then be sure to use the same flavor in jam. 

     The fun part is you layer all these ingredients into those trendy mason (canning) jars.  If you don't have mason jars in your cupboards, don't fret.....use whatever you have on hand.  My favorite is oversized wine goblets, or how about individual (small) NEW garden pots!?  It's nice to SEE the layers, but not absolutely necessary, so again, get creative and use what you have.



No-Bake Fruit Cheesecake Pots

Cheesecake Batter

1 1/2 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 C heavy cream
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice

Other Ingredients

8 graham crackers, ground (about 1 cup)
12 oz. fresh raspberries
1/2 C raspberry jam
8 (8-oz) glass mason jars (or whatever you have on hand)

Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.  Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the heavy cream.  Increase the speed to high and beat until thick and stiff, about 2 minutes.  Beat in the lemon juice.  Spoon graham cracker crumbs into the jars.  Top with cheesecake batter, raspberries and jam, alternating layers with cheesecake batter.  Refrigerate for at leave 2 hours before serving. 

Makes 8 servings


No comments:

Post a Comment