Saturday, July 6, 2013

Berry Margarita Cheesecake Squares

   ~Heavy sigh.  Yes, cheesecake is still on my mind......

     I saw this recipe in a magazine somewhere recently, and my heart STOPPED for a minute.  I absolutely LOVE a good margarita and I LOVE fresh berries in the summertime + I adore cheesecake.  This recipe combines the flavors of all three.  Shut. The. Door.  Heaven on Earth.

     Naturally, this is in my pile of must try recipes.  Please drop by and leave feedback if you try this or any of my posted recipes ~

    


Berry Margarita Cheesecake Squares

Crust

3/4 C (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 C packed dark brown sugar
1/3 C granulated sugar
2 C all-purpose flour
1 C pecans, chopped (did I mention that I LOVE pecans too???  It just keeps gettin' better!)

Cheesecake Topping

2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 C granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. tequila
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. lime zest
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 C each blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries and blackberries (OR, as always, use whatever fruit YOU prefer)

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Crust:  In a large bowl, beat butter 1 minute; add sugars and beat 3 minutes.  Beat in flour on low speed until just incorporated.  Beat in pecans.

Press mixture evenly over bottom of a 13" x 9" x 2" nonstick baking pan.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  Cool slightly.

Cheesecake Topping:  In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar 3 minutes.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat 2 minutes; beazt in tequila, lime juice and zest.  Beat in cornstarch.

Pour topping over crust.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until set.  Cool slightly; refrigerate 1 hour. 

Cut into 20 squares (I promise I won't tell a soul if you make it 10 squares instead...lol) and refrigerate until serving.  to serve, trim off browned edges and top with berries. 

Makes 20 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment