Monday, June 3, 2013

Peony Pinching Tip



     Peonies are one of my all-time favorite flowers.  I have a deep pink planted in my new landscaping which is only one year old, so it will be a few more years until I can enjoy a really abundant plant with tons of flowers for cutting. I thought I'd share some tips today......

     Peonies picked in bud will open within a day or two, and then the blooms will last for up to a week in a vase.  To keep bouquets as fresh as possible, use floral food (available at hobby shops and through florists), and change the water in the vase, clipping the stems an inch or so every two to three days

     I did not know this ~ maybe you don't either? Cut several stems topped by big buds (before they open), put them in a plastic bag, and store them in the refrigerator. They will keep for 4 to 5 weeks. When they're brought out and put into a vase, they open up to be just as fragrant and colorful as those grown outdoors----plus, no ants!

     Peony for your thoughts!  Sorry, I couldn't resist.......I wanted to say that since the first sentence, lol. 

     Here's wishing you a beautiful, BLOOMING Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment