Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Taco "Pie"

     If you're like me, this is kinda a crazy week.  I always take our Christmas tree down on the 1st, but this year that didn't happen.  I do plan to pack the ornaments away later today, and I started putting away the inside decorations yesterday. Since we have packed snow on the ground and it's BRRRRR degrees outside, I'm not sure when the house lights and porch decorations will be put away but that's not my department anyway.........

     Here's a simple dinner for busy times and a real kid-pleaser as well!

     *Feel free to mix it up with YOUR family's favorite ingredients---like spread refried beans over the crust before adding the first layer of crushed chips.  Add diced tomatoes and/or shredded lettuce to the top, after it comes out of the oven and a dollop of guacamole, if desired. 



Taco "Pie"

1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1/2 C water
1 Can sliced olives (4 oz.) OPTIONAL
1 can crescent rolls
1 C sour cream
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
2 C crushed corn chips

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large skillet brown ground beef until no longer pink.  Drain and return to the pan.  Add the taco seasoning mix, water and olive.  Simmer 5 minutes.

Separate the crescent rolls into triangles and lay them in a greased 9" pie dish, placing the points toward the center of the dish.  Press the seams together to seal, forming the crust.

Sprinkle 1 cup of the crushed corn chips onto the crust.  Spoon meat mixture over the top of the corn chips, spreading evenly.

Stir sour cream until smooth, then spread over meat.  Top with shredded cheese and the remaining 1 cup of crushed corn chips.

Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping to get the ornaments down today.
    And maybe find a couple toys that are lost in the tree...lol. The outside stuff is going to have to wait until it is above freezing!

    This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.....I got a lot done yesterday, but I'm feeling the pain of it today since I only had back surgery on the 20th of Dec. I have a few more inside things to tuck back where they belong and still have to take down my Christmas village (probably will save for the weekend), then *my* part is done!
    Let me know if you try the recipe----I always encourage people to post their feedback and let us all know how you liked what I share!
    Happy New Year to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete