Wednesday, December 14, 2011

This will be on my Christmas Eve dinner menu


7 Layer Salad

Inspired by my husband Doug's daughter, Jami......and compliments of The Pioneer Woman.  This not only LOOKS gorgeous, and PW states, but honestly I'd never tasted it until this Thanksgiving.  It's GOOD.  So I'm including it on my Christmas Eve dinner menu.  It will be just the two of us and I'm serving a spiral glazed ham, mashed potatoes and gravy (I'm a gravy girl!), the 7 layer salad, deviled eggs, hot rolls and............drum roll...........Apple Streusel Pie (my fav.) with or without ice cream for dessert.  I like to do the big meal on the Eve and then on Christmas day I LOVE leftover ham with cheddar cheese on hamburger buns.  It's a tradition from my youth. 

I always want to give credit where credit is due, so here's the direct link to the recipe:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/08/layered-salad/



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE 7 layer salad! It's one of my favorite dishes someone usually makes at a church pot-luck! My dad hates the dressing, though, so we rarely had it at home....maybe I'll make it anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, I'd never tasted it before---but I have known of it. I absolutely LOVED it, so it'll be a staple at my house from now on. And not just for the holidays----this is wonderful during the hot summer months too! Merry Christmas, Ginny, to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of a 7-layer salad. A 7-layer dip yes, but not a salad. You find the coolest dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fawn, thank you....my blog is just a representation of all that I love, as the title says! I'm glad readers like yourself are enjoying. Merry Christmas, Fawn, to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete