Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Shelly's Slow Cooker Chili


This hearty chili blends chunks of real steak, tomato and authentic Southwest chili seasonings.

Shelly's Slow Cooker Chili

1 lb. beef boneless round steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (OR use 1 lb. hamburger)
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
2 medium celery stalks, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 cans (14 1/2 oz. ea.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
*Add canned tomato juice to your preference and taste
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1 can (15 to 16 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Shredded cheddar cheese, if desired
Sour cream and finely chopped green onions for topping, if desired

I throw everything except the cheese into a slow cooker.  Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hoiurs or until beef and vegetables are tender.  Serve with cheese on top, and I also like a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of green onions on mine.  Enjoy!
Yields 6-8 servings

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, sounds good! I love the idea of using steak instead of ground beef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to stop visiting your site before dinner because then I get So hungry! This looks delish. I've been looking for great slow cooker recipes so thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Fawn, I don't care when you drop by, just don't you dare quit stopping by my site! lol....
    Aren't slow cooker meals great? I could use more in my own repertoire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! Are slow cookers a blessing;))
    Take care & eat up!

    http://speedoflife-times.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete